Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Wednesday, June 5, 2002
4:07 AM
Davis


It's 4:07 in the morning and I am wide awake. I just finished watching the entire US vs. Portugal World Cup game, live from Korea and my oh my, what a game it was. What an upset. Portugal was said to even be a contender for the Cup and here come the kids from the US beating them 3-2. I've never seen such an exciting soccer game in all my life. For those of you who normally wouldn't give a crap about soccer, now is the time to support your team. This is big. BIG. I still can't even believe what I just saw here. Moments like these are why I love sports so much. The pain of the Kings' loss has faded away, enter soccer mania. Landon Donovan - hot. Jeff Agoos - big ponytail-wearing idiot for friggin scoring on our own goalie (but that's okay because Portugal scored on themselves too). US defense - bad ass. ESPN is re-airing the game at 12 noon today so if you read this before then, GO WATCH THIS GAME (and if you can, tape it for me). Next game's on Monday the 10th against the home team, South Korea.

GO U.S. SOCCER!!

~tiffanay-nay
p.s. Hey Sylv, how do you put pictures up on this thing??I want to post one of Landon Donovan. :-)