Thursday, June 13, 2002

My How Time Flies

Thursday, June 13, 2002
12:23PM
Davis

I'm sitting here watching another fine episode of Growing Pains where the Seaver kids are at a high school dance and I can't help but recall our own high school dances. Oh the memories. Does anyone else remember that one dance where someone brought out a chair in the middle of the dance floor and the lucky guy sitting in it got a lap dance? I hear the SI dances are getting raunchier. I don't remember dirty dancing being a part of the Jesuit ways. Also, I still, to this day, can't get over how lame our senior prom dance theme was. Glory days. Glory days of all themes. What the?? And remind me again of how I ended up going to senior prom with Alex Ha of all people?

Phil brought up an interesting thought. It's already been 5 years since we graduated high school!! In 5 more years, we'll be back at SI for our 10 year high school reunion.
Question of the day: Where do you think you'll be in those next 5 years??

Soccer Thoughts of the Day:
1- Brazil is bad ass. I hadn't had a chance to watch them play until last night, and all I gotta say is, "Damn." I found myself jumping off the couch yelling "Gooooaaall!!" when they scored each of their 5 goals against Costa Rica. Some of the best ball-handling skills I've ever seen. Damn.
2- If Brazil's Kaka married England's Nicky Butt, they'd be the Butt-Kaka family.
3- Praying to the soccer gods, "Please don't let the US team f**k up their chances. Please don't let the US team f**k up their chances."
4- Why does the US game have to be at 4:30 in the morning? An hour and a half after the game ends, I'll be taking my last final.

I'll be back home in South City from the 17th to the 22nd if anyone wants to come on over and catch some 2nd round and quarterfinal action with me!

Until next time,
~Laffy Tafty