Monday, June 10, 2002

Hola, me llamo Taft. Como estas?

Monday, June 10, 2002
5:58 PM
UCD Computer Lab


With ECP's suggestion in mind, I've decided to change my name to Taft, for convenience purposes. So from now on, I will only respond to Taft. You say, "Hey Taft!" I say "Yo wassup!"

Ed - I think you'd be surprised at how obsessed I've been with the World Cup. I haven't slept any earlier than 3AM for the past week because of all these games. Finally, someone else who's actually watching and keeping up with the most widely played sport in the world. Also, Home Depot may be a cool hangout for you, but Walmart's my sanctuary. Yeah it's ghetto. White trashy if you will. But with prices like $3.98 or $5.13, cmon it's got "personality." I think Michelle can back me up on this too, as we've spent muchas horas en Walmarto.

Friedel is my hero

U.S. tied South Korea 1-1 last night (or earlier today, depending on what time zone you're speaking from) and Friedel is my new hero. Good god, I've never seen such spectacular goalkeeping in all my life. I'm a bit disappointed in Beasley and Donovan however, more so with Donovan, because the spark they had in the Portugal game just wasn't there. We're lucky we didn't get our asses kicked in this game because Korea had some good opportunities and we were tired as hell. US needs to get an offensive game going here, otherwise they're not gonna last long in this Cup.

It's 6:17PM and ESPN is re-airing the game again right now, so I'm gonna go home and watch. I should be home just in time for Mohawk Mathis' pretty goal.

Hasta luego,
~Taft