Thursday, June 27, 2002

(Not so) Deep Thoughts

Thursday, June 27, 2002
4:35 PM
UCD Computer Lab

Questions:
1) How come people don’t write in here as often anymore? Is it that eveyone’s just busy? Has the appeal of this worn itself away? Is this, like so 5 minutes ago?
2) How come people don’t post comments on other people’s entries? I’ve always got a comment on what someone else says. Is it just me?
3) I still wonder what people think when they read my blogs. Do I even make any sense? Do I sound as retarded as I think I sound?
4) Why am I always so self-conscious?
5) How come I can never get into baseball? I’ve tried. But nothing, I just feel nothing.
6) Hmmm….who should I ask to watch an MLS game with me? Who should I ask to go to Warped Tour with me? How come I don’t know anyone else who listens to punk music?
7) Should I have a BBQ for my birthday? If I do, then I’d want to have it in Davis. But we all remember what happened the last time I had a BBQ in Davis. Do I really want to put myself through that again?
8) Where the hell did the month of June go?
9) Geez, how long have I been sitting in this computer lab?

Randomness:
-The best thing I read today: "The Clean Sheet," an article on MLSnet.com. It’s basically just some dude giving his thoughts on the world of soccer. He and the soccer writer for ESPNmag.com are some of the best, most entertaining writers I’ve come across lately. I give props to anyone with good writing abilities (that includes the always witty Regan, Ed, and sometimes Jeff). Anyway, here’s the most interesting little tidbit I found:
"For sports marketing geeks who follow this kinda thing, it’s dancing Cantona vs. Footballitis in the World Cup final as Brazil (Nike) faces Germany (adidas). Both companies had the chance at a dream final with both teams in their kit, but instead each company will have one in the final and one in the third-place game with Turkey (adidas) against Korea Team Fighting (Nike)." I don't know about you, but I found that to be quite interesting. Nike might have the upper hand on this one. But again, you never know.
-Thoughts on the NBA Draft last night: That was some boring ass shit. Next time, I’m just not gonna bother watching and read who went where on ESPN.com or something.

Last Night’s Discovery:
-I think my left eye is smaller than my right eye. In the recent pictures I’ve seen of myself, I noticed a slight difference in size. I think it’s from the time I got hit in the eye with the lacrosse ball last year. Damn you Lila (my teammate that hit me). Or maybe I have a lazy eye and never realized it. Or maybe I got a lazy eye from getting hit in the eye (is that possible?)

Playing by Numbers:
+5: days until my birthday
-11: days since I graduated
+1: month until the Tahoe Lacrosse Tournament
-50: how much I owe on my credit card
+10: people left in the computer lab
+3: hours I’ve been in this computer lab

Yes, I think it's time to go too.
~Laxataft