Monday, June 03, 2002


::: syL's trendy tips....:::





well, not really tips. more like randomness occurring in my brain during this very typical MONDAY *ugh*

* LA: 112 SAC: *sniff sniff* 106......ask vaL r & aussie x 3.....i almost started crying [and almost lost my voice...]

* fastpass??? more like slowpass....:
following a typically exciting monday at kate spade, my fellow homegirl & i decided to "stop by" the local walgreens to pick up the much coveted muni fastpass for june. hey, it's already the 3rd...my may pass is all used up....

wallgreens #1:
me: "hi. 2 june fastpasses, please...."
wal-nerd: "we only have YOUTH and DISCOUNT left."
me: "oh. um. ok. what's DISCOUNT?"
wal-nerd: "here. oh. well, you have to be 65." [looks at me]
me: "hmmm...well, scratch that one."
wal-nerd: "how about the YOUTH? "
me: "oh! i can get the YOUTH one?"
wal-nerd: "sure....it says up to age 17"
me: *silence*
fellow kate spade homegirl: "so where can we buy an ADULT pass?"

....sad to say...our search did not end there....,.30 minutes and 3 stops later, we finally arrive at the powell bart station, where we waited in a very long line for these golden fastpasses *sheesh* and they didn't even have those cute plastic holders for it [i wanted to make a cute fastpass necklace with charms on it.....KIDDING....i asked the lady and she said "you'd have to go to the civic center station for that....

...no way jose.

* community service:
remember how we had to do 100 hours of community service??? and how much i loathed that requirement??? i love doing that stuff, i just don't like it when they MAKE you do it.

well, now i miss it. i feel so selfish and inhumane....i know i can sacrifice an hour or so out of my week to help with a great non-profit. i've been eyeing project open hand lately...or even putting more effort into my sorority's [oooh....] philanthropy: Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

yes. i have decided that this week i will find my official "good deed". like one of my faveorite heroines, Amelie Poulet [watch the movie!], i believe good deeds DO result in good karma....

sooo...off i go now....

*poof*