Saturday, June 08, 2002

(Not So) Deep Thoughts

Saturday, June 8, 2002
7:10 PM
South San Francisco

Responses to Others' Bloggies:
*houseboats: excellent idea, but how much will this set me back? the houseboat pictured looks tight. gonna feel like one of them extras in Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin" video
*ropes course: hell yeah. I did this with a group of friends a few years back and it is awesome. Just the kind of activity our group needs.

-Check out: **http://espn.go.com/thelife/landon_donovan.html**
-Days until graduation: 7
-Days until my (oh my god) 23rd birthday: 34
-CD playing in my car, oops I mean in my cd walkman attached to my trusty bike: Jay-Z's Unplugged
-CD in my stereo in my room: Mary J Blige's "Mary"
-CD I want to buy: too many to name
-Concert I can't wait to go to: Warped Tour (anyone down to go?? July 13 & 14)
-Song stuck in my head: "Papa Don't Preach" - Kelly Osbourne's version from the MTV movie awards
***I felt like I was watching my kid sister perform on stage or something. Kinda awkward. But this girl is too cute. And I love her hair!
-Last movie watched: The Wedding Planner on HBO
***Matthew McConaughey - oh my. The fact that he plays a pediatrician especially hits a soft spot and skyrockets his hotness factor. And yes I did cry again, at the same scene (where Jennifer Lopez is crying over the guy she almost married)
-Last TV show watched: MTV's Cribs
-Anxious about: finals, graduation ceremony and dinner
-Excited about: my new dress and new jeans that I got in the last two days (neither of which I paid for - thank you gift certificate and shopping trips with mommy and her credit card)
-Hoping: Mike Dunleavy decides to stay and play another year for Duke
-Goal of the day: to not slouch so much
***I really need to work on my posture. Did you know good posture makes you look slimmer? Plus slouching puts extra, unnecessary stress on your back (specifically on your lumbar spine). Aren't you glad I'm an exercise science major and can share these fun facts with you?
-Watch out for: U.S. vs South Korea World Cup game on Sunday night at 11:30PM on ESPN2
***I've given you the day, the time and the channel. Just go watch the game people. Who knows, you may even enjoy it. Give soccer a chance.
-Tiff's thoughts on the game: Ok so some of you may be thinking "South Korea? Are they even any good?" Well it appears that this year, they are. They pulled off an upset against Poland (score 2-0) the day before the U.S. upset Portugal, and some of that victory can be attributed to the fact that they have home field advantage and an entire stadium of fans behind them. Expect the same for Sunday's match-up. Apparently there's a lot of hostility in Korea towards the U.S. and extra security has been placed around the players. It's gonna be a tough match for them, but if they come out strong and play with the same intensity they did against Portugal, anything's possible. And if they win, I'm pulling my shirt off and running crazily around Davis, in great soccer tradition.
-Funny word of the day: Flatulence
-Question of the day: Are you feeling flatulent today? Please post your response.
Parting thoughts: I wonder what everyone thinks when they read my blogs?

ta-ta for now,
~Miss Tiffany Grace Basilio