Monday, July 01, 2002

Monday, July 1, 2002
1:43 PM
Davis

Hello to all those still remaining in blogland. You know this site really sucks sometimes. I had a little entry all perfectly written up and everything yesterday and when I went to push publish, the darn thing started experiencing technical difficulties. And I tried to go back to make sure my entry at least got posted and I was left with a blank space, as if I had not just spent the last 20 minutes writing. Dumb blogger.

So here goes attempt #2.

First, congrats to Brazil on claiming their 5th World Cup title. And congrats to Michelle on watching her very first World Cup match. I actually felt kinda sorry for Germany's goalie, Kahn, especially after Brazil scored their second goal. Sucks he had to end it that way, but so goes the game of soccer.

The real reason I'm blogging is to see what people's plans are for the 4th. I know everyone's going to the baseball game on the 5th (me included, which I am very excited about because I finally get to hang out with you all), but I wanted to know if people wanted to get together the night before. Phil has offered his place for some 4th of July festivities and I think it would be fun to give his new place a nice warm 3rd floor welcome (Phil, if you actually lived on the 3rd floor, that would be way too perfect). So how about we do that if no one has any other plans? And I wanted to see if I can rally up some folks to go to an MLS game on Sunday the 7th at 6PM. The (1st place) Earthquakes are playing the L.A. Galaxy over at Spartan Stadium in San Jose and I think it would be a fun game to watch. Tickets run about 20 bucks. Only a few of the World Cup players will be in action for that game (Cobi Jones, still my all-time favorite player, plays for the Galaxy and of course there's Landon Donovan for the Quakes. Jeff Agoos too, but he's injured and he sucks anyways). Give me a heads up if you're interested.

Off I go to study the inner workings of the human nervous system. Be jealous, be very jealous.

From the air-conditioned computer lab in Davis, this is Taft signing off.