Tuesday, July 16, 2002

I Just Got Screwed. By My Professor.

Tuesday, July 16, 2002
12:45 PM
UCD Computer Lab

So check this out. I had a systemic physiology test today at 10am. I bike on over to the lecture hall and get there 5 minutes before the test starts. Just as my professor begins to pass out the test, my nose starts to bleed!! And it was full on gushing, no little sniff it up nose bleed. So I run up to my professor and tell him I have to go to the bathroom because of my nose. I'm in the bathroom (embarassed as hell because I looked like a freak as I bolted out of the room) and my nose just isn't working with me and it takes me about 25 minutes for it to fully stop. Mind you the test is only 50 minutes long, so I've already lost half my time to take it. I walk back into the lecture hall and I apologize to my professor for being out so long. What does the bastard tell me? "Oh you'll have to drop this test (we get to drop our lowest score of the 5 tests we take), I can't let you take this test because you were gone for so long." What? How is that fair? I couldn't even take part of the test and answer as many questions as I could in the last 25 minutes. I was shocked. Furious. Upset. Confused. Basically, I just got screwed because I happened to get a nose bleed at the worst possible time. Afterwards I tried to talk to the rat bastard again, but all I heard was blah blah, must follow policy, this and that, the word policy came up again, and you have to drop the test. If he heard the words streaming through my head as he talked, he would have heard something along the lines of "bitch, ass, mother, and faulker." Damn the man.

But on a much, much happier note, thank you to everyone for coming out to my bbq Saturday night. What a turnout, especially for being so very last minute and all. And thank you for the wonderful presents, I loved them all. You spoil me. Tiff- I told you I'd help you work on your tolerance, so if that means a whole 2 shots of your special "vodka", so be it; Jefe- Nike would be proud of your fine craftsmanship with the Donovan jersey; Phil & Christine- after today's fiasco, I will be making good use out of your relaxation tips book; Steph & Ant- yes I kept the Donovan pic in the frame and it's proudly hanging on my wall (unfortunately I will be replacing it soon with the big group pic we all took). Oh, and what was with all the baby shower bags I got again? Are yall implying that I put on some pounds and look like I'm pregnant or something? :-) So I like to eat as if I really was a pregnant woman, nothing wrong with that right.

I'm gonna go find out where my professor lives and TP and egg his house now.

~Taft