Monday, July 08, 2002

"If I was a boogar, I'd wish I was yours so you could pick me."
-Regan Tacorda. July 5, 2002

Sunday/Monday, July 8, 2002
1:23 AM
South San Francisco

It's weekends like these that make me glad I emerge out of my Davis bubble every now and then and come home. Thank god we have these fun little get togethers. I haven't had this much fun on consecutive days in a long time, thanks guys!

A 4th of July BBQ and housewarming (thank you to Phil for hosting, you did a wonderful job), an exciting A's game and incredible fireworks show (thank you Nick for organizing the troops), my cousin's wedding, and to finish it off an MLS soccer game and surprise bday cake for Ed (happy birthday again, o tall one). At this time, I would like to share with you all the top lessons I've learned from this past weekend.

10 Things I learned During my 4-Day Weekend
by Taft

1- Watching a fireworks show is a great way to feel like a kid again.
2- On camera, Phil looks eerily like the devil.
3- Any mention of the North Pole will forever make me chuckle.
4- Regan really can spit some game, can't he tiff lam.
5- Wrestling figures come alive when you leave the room.
6- X-Box FIFA World Cup players can get tired from sprinting the length of the field too
7- Never, ever play a game and bet that the loser gives Jeff a lap dance. You're guaranteed to lose.
8- 3 glasses of wine plus a glass of champagne at a wedding makes for a tipsy taft.
9- $19 is definitely worth seeing Landon Donovan in person, scoring a goal, and yes, taking off his shirt.
10- It pays to be a pack-rat sometimes, especially when you save your senior edition of the SI newspaper and everyone ends up reading their bequeaths and baby pic captions and realize they should have kept theirs too.

Thanks for the fun times this weekend folks.

~Taft
p.s. I'll get back to you all about birthday plans, whatever it is I decide to do. Please submit any requests or ideas into the suggestion box.