Friday, August 30, 2002

Friday, August 30, 2002
1:02 PM
D-Town

I like how Phil and I are taking over blogworld. Oh well, you posers out there aren’t contributing so we’ll take on the duties of filling your humdrum lives with entertainment. Or boredom. Whichever.

Reasons to ban the MTV VMA’s:
1) Jennifer Lopez winning the Best Hip Hop Video award. Yes I said best HIP HOP video award. Dang and I thought Sisqo winning it a couple of years ago was bad enough. But J-Lo?
2) Nas thinking it’s cool to brag about being on Murder Inc.’s label. And Ja Rule & Ashanti's poor 30's-movie-style performance.
3) Avril Lavigne. Enough said.

Reason why I’ll end up watching it again next year:
1) Jimmy Fallon’s intro. “Fuh-nominal.”
2) Dashboard Confessional winning the MTV2 award and Linkin Park winning the Best Rock Video Award. At least there are a couple of accurate picks in this damn award show.
3) The possibility of watching Eminem kick Moby’s ass.
4) Watching drunk people accept their award. Pink takes the cake.
5) P. Diddy, minus the Cirque du Soleil performers in the background. Definitely a WTF moment.

And I’m spent. Time to move into my new apartment!! Jeff, I’ll be coming into your work on a stretcher come Tuesday, as I’m sure my back’s gonna give with all this moving. Either that or send your hottest therapist up my way to Davis.

~Taft
p.s. People, you’re bursting my bubble here. No love with the questionnaires, man. So far only T-Lam and Phil are on the cool list (naturally), so yall need to get on the ball and follow their cool lead.
p.p.s. Don’t know if I’ll be able to partake in the kickball games since they’re in the middle of the week, every week. But can I just sign up so I can get one of them WAKA shirts. Who wouldn’t want a shirt that pays tribute to the Muppet’s own Fozzie. WAKA WAKA WAKA. Good one ye olde faithful blogger buddy.
p.p.p.s Now I'm spent.