Monday, August 05, 2002

August 5, 2002
2:38 PM
Back in D-Town

Current thoughts fluttering through my mind…
…Feel gross, ate too much for lunch, gonna be sick.
…Softball is not my cup o tea. Way too much standing around. Gimme a stick so I can hit someone.
…Props to the White team on their win. As with all things in the world, whitey prevails. :-) Good luck to both sides next Saturday. I’ll be in SoCal cheering you on in spirit, err I mean with spirits in hand.
…A+ to the crafty jersey-makers. By the way, did yall use a hot-glue gun or fabric glue for these (please don’t tell me you used the old school elmer’s glue). The jerseys are gonna need to be washed at some point but I don’t wanna ruin the fine craftsmanship.
…Somebody, please make some kind of makeshift scoreboard for the next game to minimize the arguments about the score.
…I give a big C+ to this past weekend’s MLS All-Star game for 1) not having the full ’02 U.S. World Cup team in uniform playing and 2) for hosting it out on the east coast, bad weather and all. Shocked was I when I left the game for a few minutes to come back and find a yellow-haired Donovan running about the field (ABC televised last year’s game to compensate for the long rain delay).
…Paulino Rubio (the next Shakira-wannabe) sucks ass, a big fat F for her performance at the All-Star game. She didn’t even perform her radio hit "Don’t Say Goodbye." And get this, after the rain delay, to keep the sponsors happy, they shortened the first half to 30 minutes (normally it’s 45) just so she’d have enough time to perform at halftime. Dumbasses.
…Should I or shouldn’t I watch Sorority Life tonight. I fear that if I do, I’ll be subject to yet another dumb blond moment (in the past few days, I’ve come across four people from the show. Too bad the cameras are long gone).
…For any fans of HBO’s Def Comedy Jam, Walmart (of all places) has a sweet DVD box set of the show. I got it for my bro for his birthday and he was quite the happy man.

My butt hurts from sitting on this jankity computer seat for so long. Time to bizounce.
~Taft