Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Tuesday (8/27/02) @ 8:50pm

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? WHO'S READY TO WIN SOME MONEY?
Well people, with football season fast approaching, I was wondering how many of you were interested in partaking in some football action. Now, now...this isn't any ordinary football game...it'll be more fun...I promise. So here's the lowdown:
I'm planning on buying a football game for my X-Box, either Madden 2003 or NFL 2K3....i'm prolly leaning towards getting Madden. So, I wanted all of us to participate in a little football season of our own. Every week, each person will be scheduled to play another person....just like a regular football schedule. Each week you will play a different person until we need to have people play each other more than once. It all depends on how many people participate! If there is an odd amount of participants, one person will get a bye each week. The games will be scheduled for most likely the weekend (Friday nights to Sunday nights) and will prolly ONLY take 2 hours of your time. You don't even have to watch the other games (only if you want to scout other players)! We'll schedule it according to the two players weekend plans...if a game needs to be played on a weekday, then we'll accomodate as well. I'm trying to make this in accordance to the NFL schedule of 16 games, playoffs, and the championship game on Super Bowl Sunday. For example, Week 1 could look like this:
Fri. nite: Nick vs TAFT
Sat. afternoon: T-lam vs Anup
ED vs. Phil
We will keep track of the records of each player for (hopefully) the 16 weeks. The top players advance. In terms of picking teams, I have come up with some ideas:
1. picking a team through a lottery system and riding that team through the whole season
2. play according to that weekend's NFL schedule where the players get to select a particular game and select the respective teams involved (games will be drawn from a hat)
3. trying to create your own team if the game allows you to
Now, here's the kicker...just to add some excitement to the games. I suggest we all put $20 down at the beginning (which will amount to about $1/week) and the winner of the Super Bowl game pockets the majority with the second place finisher breaking even at least! Now, I can see all the fun and intense competition! Furthermore, I would say we are all beginners at the game (I personally have not played Madden in like years!), so I encourage everyone to think about it...and participate! I also promise to not practice unless others want to...to the point where I'll keep the game at another person's house so as not to gain the upper hand during the week! I plan on starting the games the weekend of Sept. 6-8 or Sept. 13-15 keeping in mind that we'll work around the softball and kickball schedules. So, can you guys get back to me by this Friday? Thanks.
Speaking of kickball, T-lam, you know I'm way down to play! I never thought we would put those uniforms into such great use! Multi-game jerseys!

I beg that you guys all play in SOFTBALL, KICKBALL, and VIDEO GAMES!
Jefe