Thursday, August 15, 2002

Thursday, August 15, 2002
2:36 PM
Davis, CA 95616

Hola mi amigos! I have returned, surburnt and darker than ever, from the land of SoCal. Wow, quite the blog action while I was away, took me a while to read all of them (more so because I have the reading speed of a 10-year old). I think we should all take a road trip to SoCal and crash at Regan’s. Any volunteers to plan it? Highlights from the trip included some family bonding time via waterpolo games, waterballoon fights, and extreme dodgeball (which I’ll have to teach you all how to play one day) and shopping in Pacific Beach. It was nice to just get away from Davis for a little bit and just relax on the beach.

*Reeg- Way to go on the 1st ever buzzed blog. I’ll be sure to follow your lead and post my own shortly. I have to agree with Ed in that you’re getting a little paranoid. Smokin the dank along with that beer there sir? Thought so. And re: the pee stains – they get underneath the toilet seat when you fellas lift the seat up to do your thang. Unfortunately not all you guys have the best of shots, so that’s probably the answer you seek.
*Phil- You’d be so proud of me, I finally caught an episode of American Idol last night (wait, do you watch that show? Or is it just big brother and the mole? I get all your frikkin reality shows mixed up). That Justin fellow is a big cheesehead and the multi-colored hair girl should have gotten the boot. I missed Sorority Life this week, anything semi-interesting happen?
*Christine- My mom thanks you for the friends and family cards. I gave them to her because I was out of town the weekend they were good, and she went on quite the shopping spree.

I wonder if Anup just hasn’t blogged yet because he got lost again. :-) I just hope you’re not out there somewhere posting on some other dude’s site. And how come no one’s written about the softball game? I want to know what I missed out on, so someone gimme a play-by-play. Did anyone take up my suggestion and make a scoreboard? And why can’t I see the pictures up top? Blogmaster Sylv, we need a little tech assistance here.

-Sweetness: Amoeba on Haight St. kicks ass. Bought myself four fabulous cds before the trip - to satisfy my punk needs, a little New Found Glory and Box Car Racer, some sensitive rocker music via Dashboard Confessional (my fave of the four), and for kicks, a bit of Lenny Kravitz on the side. Sweet.
-Question: Why are the guys in SoCal sooo much hotter than the guys up here in Northern Cali???
-Impressive: The U.S. Men’s National Team moved up in the FIFA World rankings, slipping into the top ten as the ninth ranked team in the world. For a country that lacks much-needed soccer support, that ain’t too shabby.
-Days until I move into my new d.o.g.less apartment: 16 days, 7 hours, and 3 minutes. And counting.
-Quote of the Day: "We got hosed, Tommy. We got hosed." -Davey. I just can't get enough of that commercial.

Until next time,
~Taft