Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Damn it to all bloody hell. I had my blog all written out, ready to go, and the jankity computer croaked on me. That's twice this has happened. Bloody hell. Let's try this again.

Wednesday, August 21, 2002
4:28 PM
Yawn-town

TV Blurbs:
American Idol - This show's getting addicting. Tamyra blew everyone away with song #2, Nikki just doesn't impress me, Kelly should just have a sing off against Tamyra because the girl can wail, and Justin needs to stick with the slow ballads (although he is quite the little entertainer with his knee-bending tricks. But he's still a big cheesehead). So who will win? Who cares! At this point, it's obvious they'll all be putting their John Hancock on some record deal by the time this is all over. Oh, and Dunkleman is my new favorite last name.
Sorority Life: This one's just plain ridiculous, but why can't I stop watching the damn thing! So the pledges were once again portrayed as (gasp!) bitches as they ditched out of their formal early. With songs like "We Are Family" playing in the background, it's no wonder why. But still, it was rather rude and not the best showing on their part. What I did love though was the most accurate portrayal of sorority girls yet, as seen when Mara and Jordan ditched out on their "dingy" hotel room. What did they expect? This ain't Delta Gamma or the Tri-Delts. No national affiliation and no dough leads to second rate hotel room. And it's SF for pete's sake. But MTV still managed to hook them up with the Westin for their formal and that's pretty sweet.
Recommend: Royalty A-Z on E! to satisfy all your British needs. Who knew Prince William would grow up to be quite the handsome fellow. When he's not showing off his cursed Englishman horse teeth, that is. All I have to say is thank you Prince Charles for not passing your ugly genes down to him. Oh and Prince Harry the pot smoker, that's just bloody fantastic.

Observation: Today's the second day in a row I've seen the same hot guy here in the computer lab (Mostly think he's hot because he looks like he could be a soccer player. Man, I need to stop watching MLS). If he's here again tomorrow for the 3rd day in a row, I'll have to snag the seat next to him. Throw me some good pickup lines here folks.
Can't get enough of: Justin Timberlake's new single "Like I Love You." I anticipate great things from his upcoming solo album. He'll be performing at the MTV VMA's and I'm anxious to see what the performance will be like without his four backup singers behind him.
Needs to go: Nick Carter of BSB. Being the biter that he is, he too will be releasing his own solo debut around the same time as Mr. Timberlake's. It's supposed to have a "rock flair" to it. BSB? Rock? Don't think so. He'd be better off teaming up with little brother Aaron and hitting the local mall circuit.

Soccer Notes:
1) I need digital cable. The English Premiere League is up and running and I have no way of watching any of the games. Who knew a month of World Cup action would turn me into such the soccer whore.
2) The Quakes have a huge game tonight against the Dallas Burn, but I'm stuck here in Davis and not in San Jo rooting them on. If they win, they stay in 1st place; if they lose, Dallas takes over the top spot (which the Quakes have held practically all season long). Go Quakes.

Days until move into d.o.g.less apt: 10 and counting!
Days until midterm: 4
Days until come home: unsure. :-( I had planned on coming home this weekend, but with my midterm and term paper coming up along with trying to get my shit together for the move, it doesn't look plausible. :-( Sorry gang, I really wanted to come home to play, too.

Gotta go write up a report for my boring psych class now. Wish me luck.
~Taft