Saturday, August 17, 2002

THE WEEK THAT WAS
(Hopefully) A new installment that captures the highlights and lowlights of the past week.

Entry #1: August 10 - August 17
1. THE DARK SIDE PREVAILS (Saturday)
Running out of chances and running into outs, the grey team trailed 17-9 heading into the top of the eighth inning. Lo and behold, thre grey team battled back with timely hitting to prevail 19-17. Yes, that is no misprint...the grey team held the (off) white team to NO runs in the final two innings. I must say (and I think most would agree) that Jane's sis, Deb, was a superstar with her awesome defense and cannon for an arm...and fittingly, catching the last out of the game. Eating at Bull's Head was full of laughs and great food...i can smell a new tradition in the making, even though the bull's eyes are made out of bull's testicles (wink wink...inside joke). With the series tied 1-1, we all await for the return of Ed from the motherland (hopefully with his green card in his pocket and not given away to a girl) to continue this softball series.

2. TAKE ME OUT FOR A SPIN (Sunday)
A little escapade to the San Mateo County Fair with t-lam, nick, and phil left me nauseous. Usually girls have my head spinning, but riding 4-5 rides in the span of like 30 minutes, my head couldn't take it anymore. Luckily, eating time came around (a much needed break), but a deal was struck. The first to throw up or NOT ride a ride, would get a henna tattoo (of the others choosing and design). After eating, I thought i was good to go, but after more spinning, I was the first to bow out. I have a tattoo coming...damn! More lessons learned: a)Cramming 4 ppl into a photo booth IS POSSIBLE! b)phil and I are JUST TOO DAMN DARK...no matter where we position ourselves in the booth c)being the driver (t-lam) can be a good thing even if we get lost. That brings us to the participation question: Why is it that the driver never gets carsick but the passengers do? Please feel free to respond....PHIL will blog his theory in the next couple days.

3. BRUSH WITH FAME (Monday)
I guess there are some perks that can come with my job. I got to treat a famous director (who shall remain nameless for the sake of cofidentiality) who helper write Radiders of the Lost Ark and directed movies like The Right Stuff and Benny&Joon. He is in town directing a new movie starring Samuel L. Jackson, Andy Garcia, and the one and only....Ashley Judd. Who would of ever thought, that she and I would be separated by ONLY 1 degree rather than the usual 6 degress?!

4. HIP, HIP (HAPA)RAY! (Tuesday)
Thank goodness for MIXED girls...another perk of my job! However, I'm wondering if I'm being teased since all the mixed girls who come in are still in high school or soon-to-be college frosh. Anyways, this one girl comes in and I'm working with her. The conversation turns to where she mentions that she has 2 older sisters and 1 younger sister. 4 mixed girls in one family! D-D-D-Damn! All that could go through my head then was I wonder what the family portrait looked like cuz this girl (right before my eyes) was beautiful. So i need your help: what's the best line to use to see a family picture? Keep in mind she's leaving for school soon. How bout, "I'm planning to have mixed children, can I see pics of your sisters to see what my children would look like?

5. JOIN THE CLUB (Today...Saturday)
I seem to lag on things....always two steps behind most of you. Well, I'm proud to say, that I got a COSTCO card today. You know what that means....POLISH SAUSAGE AND A DRINK for $1.62! Now, if anyone wants to dine on such a great meal....just call me up. Hey REEG, that means we don't have to try to sneek in by saying "our mom's inside...we'll go get her." Anyone down for COSTCO trips...just call me up.

Phil - Big Brother 3 is quality TV! I'm totally digging the new Lisa! Drama, drama, drama. "I keep my mouth shut, but my eyes open." Probably the best line from a reality TV show ever.

Who's after Ed? - There seems to be a revolving door with vacationing people. With T-lam coming back...Ed is going out/leaving. Who's next to take a vaction...not me, I''m still trying to build up my PTO hours.

Kinda long, but i needed to contribute again. Other things happened this week, but this is just way too long. I'll have an "Other considerations" list in the future...if it is necessary.

bye,bye,bye
Jefe