Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2002
1:32 AM
South City

Greetings Friends,

I have returned home sweet home from my pimpin little apartment in Davis (digital cable, dsl, cushy couches and...no dog. life is good) and will be here in the good old city of South San Francisco for the next week. If anyone wants to do anything this week, gimme a ring. My schedule looks....(checks imaginary palm pilot)...yep, all clear. Except Saturday night - Earthquakes game at Spartan Stadium...who wants to come!!!! It's the final game before playoffs, against the Galaxy (who just beat the Quakes this past saturday in LA on a goal that should have been disallowed, so it's time for payback), and tickets run at $19. Let me know if you're interested. So far I've brainwashed Nike Nick and Def Jef to go.

The "Dang, I Feel Old" moment of the week: I went to a cotillion on Saturday and realized that I hadn't been to one of these things since we were all 18...which was five years ago. In 1997. Yup, still feel old.

Comments on the A's game: Sucks they lost, won't turn into a baseball fan until others turn into soccer fans, and I wish I was 13 or under so I could go on the field and run around the bases.

Lessons learned from the A's game: Don't order a large coke and place it in the cupholder or it'll get stuck and possibly burst and spill onto some poor lady's bag, two people can't exit the BART station using only one ticket, and I won't turn into a baseball fan until others turn into soccer fans.

Phil: Fave tv show - (of all time): Saved by the Bell & Growing Pains; (current): Friends, Even Stevens, and Trading Spaces / reason: Zack Morris, Mike Seaver, Ross Gellar, Louis Stevens and Ty the hot carpenter. Fave alcoholic drink: lemon drop shots / reason: the sugar around the rim of the glass

Christine: welcome back to the world o blog, be sure to come back soon. We need to hang out!

Lamster: Hope you had a good time in San Diego. Next time you're there, remember this - Christmas is just around the corner and Taft loves them San Diego surfer dudes.

Def Jef: I know you must be having a hard time reading this right now because it's not in braille, so turn up your hearing aid. Quote of the century: "Hey you know why else deaf people can't spell? Because they can only read braille." Classic, Jeff.

I'll be home, bored with nothing to do all week. Please blog and entertain me. Or come hang out with me. Or both.

Until we meet again,
~Taft