Monday, September 23, 2002

Monday, September 23, 2002
6:40 PM
The Industrial City

I don’t want to go back to Davis. This past week back home was nice and relaxing. Not to mention full of comedy, thanks to Jeff, Nick, Tiff, Ed, et al. There’s never a dull moment when you have any combination of those people around.

Did you know….that chicken makes great bait for crabs?? I had no idea of this until I went fishing and crabbing with my family this weekend out in Pacifica. We went out to the pier on Saturday night and then again on Sunday, catching a whopping total of 25 crabs! Too bad we found out later that you’re not supposed to really be catching and keeping so many and if we got caught, it would have been a $540 fine. Per crab!! That’s….well I don’t feel like computing the total in my head, but that sure is a hell of a lot of money for some stinkin crabs.

Digital cable is fantastic. I recently discovered three great channels: 1) MTV Jams, which plays hip hop and r&b videos all day long. No VJ’s, no lame MTV shows. Just videos. 2) VHI Soul, which is basically the same as the MTV Jams channel and 3) Fox Sports World. Soccer from all around the world, all day long. Fantastic. The best old school video I caught last night: New Edition’s “Cool it Now.”

It’s official: My new favorite MLS team is now the New England Revolution. Go Revs! And I don't know if anyone recalls back during the World Cup how I kept saying the U.S.'s blue jerseys were bad luck, but I just came across an article by a writer at CNNSI.com who wrote: "Can we retire the U.S.'s blue jerseys now? It was a bad idea from the start to switch from red, the color worn by the Yanks' diehard fans, and the World Cup sealed it. U.S. record in white jerseys: 2-0-1. In blue jerseys: 0-2." Glad to know I wasn't the only one who caught on to the curse of the blue jersey. Sorry, just had to toss that in.

Phil: I did catch Real World: Las Vegas and it looks to be a good season this time around. Chicago sucked ass, but this one looks full of good drama. Re: QOTW: I don't have a favorite radio station, I listen to them all.

September and October sure are jam-packed with birthdays. Next up: Steph on the 25th. Then after that is Tiff Lam on the Oct 2nd (which I know many people are anxiously awaiting for). Then Sylv on the 3rd, Dan on the 17th, and Phil on the 18th! Man oh man, get those livers primed and ready folks. Be sure to give everyone a heads up if any of you are planning a little sumthin sumthin.

Peace out,
~Taft