Wednesday, January 15, 2003

1.15.03
12:41AM
Davis apt

Venting...

For someone who's only taking two classes this quarter, I've been quite the busy bee.

I have the feeling that someone up above really doesn't want me to graduate and leave Davis. Proof: the supervisor for the Spanish 3 class that I need to pass in order to graduate won't let me into the class!! I'm number one on the wait list and for the past week and two days, no one has dropped. So I'm stuck on the wait list and the damn supervisor will not allow anyone to exceed the set class number of 25. I make 26 and apparently this one extra person makes these administrative people very uncomfortable and thus will not let me in!! You'll be updated when I do about this situation, I'm trying to work my magic with these folks.

The Davis High School program (where I coached last year) is falling apart and apparently I'm the only one who can help save it. The coaches that we set up to be our replacements bailed and no one's left. Tryouts are next week and rumor has it that up to 60 girls will be there. I'm praying for a lacrosse miracle here, I can't find anyone willing to fill the position. Any of you at home want to move to Davis for a few months and coach high school girl's lacrosse? Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I need an assistant coach so bad for my club team (the UCD club team, not to be mistaken with the high school. I know, it can get complicated). There's just too many people on the field to be able to watch after everyone and keep things from breaking into chaos. Someone...help.

And finally, the bus drivers in Davis are retards. The lady driving my bus line tonight didn't know where the hell she was going, nor did she know what bus line she was driving. We sat in the middle of downtown for 5 minutes while she tried to orient herself in the town. Add the fact that this was at 8:45 at night and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I almost threw her out of the driver's seat and drove to my apartment complex myself. That's a pretty picture - licenseless tiff behind the wheel of a big ass bus. Can you see it? It almost happened.

On a positive note, Regan, nice to see you again. Sorry to hear you lost your phone.

Snow trip was fun, despite the nasty bruises on my ankles (damn snowboard boots). Things learned: check the buffet prices before standing in line, don't talk to Jeff when he's half asleep because he doesn't make any sense, and apparently I'm the only one who brings sunshine to Phil's bed, if you know what I mean. :-)

Here's hoping that God doesn't play any practical jokes on me tomorrow.
~Taft