Sunday, October 27, 2002

Phil returns from the east coast

I'M BACK!... After 8 days in New York, I have realized how much I missed the bay area.. First of all, I just had to say New York was lots of fun... there is tons of shopping out there, not to mention the prices are cheaper than they are here (relatively).. and they have NO (yes that's right) no tax on clothes....my personal favorite stores: zara, H&M, century 21, and canal jean company.... ....I swear I spent half of my time shopping out there.... plus for you reeg.. you'd love their chinatown.. they got tons of bootleg Cd's at about 3 for $10... you could get all your cd's... now of course the CD's are all burned CD's. but when can you get cd's (the newest ones too) at such a low price...

anyway... the one thing that sucks about New York is that the food is muy expensive...e.g. Mcdonald's the lowest meal price was around $4.70... ouch... plus their asian food is good not as good as we have out here... esp. Japanese food.. their sushi is so small and so expensive it's ridiculous that anyone ever eats sushi out there.... much props have to go out to Ariel, who basically planned the entire trip and took us to all his favorites eateries and shopping places..... but getting back to food.. the american food was awesome.. of course I had to try their hot dogs, huge.. and yummy.. their pizzas were awesome as well..hard to describe the taste of that one....

let's see what else did we see in New York... the statue of LIberty (we couldn't go in b/c of 9/11 security etc) , ground zero (now that was depressing) the empire state building, harlem, spanish harlem, nolita, the village, lower east side, guggenheim, the met (and know that's not the mets' baseall stadium), grand central station, soho,

as far as celeberities we saw Katie Couric and the guy from surprise by design.... but that is about it.

as far as shows we saw FLower Drum Song,featuring Lea Salonga... all the actors were great however the musical was par compared to musicals I've seen lately...

did I forget to mention that Sylv, Michelle, Christine, and I were on TRL on Monday.Ariel got us tickets to the show for my b-day. if any of you had been watching.... we were on last monday... and they placed us right next to the window so we were on camera quite a bit.. Tiff, I believe you taped it...can I get a copy of it.. apparently Ariel only taped up to #5 on the countdown... I want to see the rest of it.

also their transportation system in New York is one of a kind.. makes our Muni and Bart to shame.... really quick and it goes EVERYWHERE... no one drives in New York... and when they say that they really mean it....

ok I think I'm all New York'd out for now... if you guys want to know more let me know...so what's everyone plans for halloween? I'm going to Ariel's friend's Halloween Party....how bou you?

ok see y'all later.

PHIL