Monday, October 14, 2002

Hey all,

I just had to share how my weekend went... first of all,

Friday - went with Nick and Lil' Tiff to see Red Dragon.. now I am so lame b/c I did not know this movie was the prequel to Silence of the Lambs.... so I was like.. how come Anthony Hopkins is not in jail... I swear half the time my hands were covered in front of my face b/c I was so scared... I'd rather cover my face than jump up and scream and everyone laugh at me.

Satuday - went to the Giants game.. Yes I got to go to my dream games.. I actually got to go to all three games here.. I'm so stoked... saturday game was such a bummer, after the game everyone was so silent.. it was depressing.. At night, I saw some of my relatives from Saudi Arabia. Yes Phil has relatives from Saudi Arabia.. for the first time to celebrate my b-day (which is in 4 days!) woohoo... .at Peppermilll (which I also never know until last year was a hotel in Reno) .. it was interesting/distrubing to hear about all the segregation and discrimination women face over there... here's some tidbits I learned

- did you know that all native saudi's women have to covered themselves completely head to toe and only show their eyes in public
- in their houses, there are separate rooms for males and females?
- most of the country are expatriates (foreigners)
- even if you are an expatriate, a woman must always were a black scarf, shawl, whatchamacall on her shoulders..

Sunday - went to church (with some horrible opera singers), went to target with lory (bought hella crazy stuff for her) and then went to the giants game... and might I add that it was the BEST game I ever went to... unbelieveable.. all the suspense, excitement.. for once the giants fought off a deficit, came from behind in dramatic fashion.. the Giants are not used to doing that.. they are usually a team that is eith ertied or ahead if they win games... it was nice to see them come from behind for a change, some thoughts on this postseason series

- poor shinjo, only has very very limited playing time
- sanders 1-15? god how awful is that type of hitting, maybe it's time for a REPLACEMENT?
- snow, talk about coming in clutch for the postseason.. esp since being dead during most of the regular season
- benito - what can you say he's awesome
- pitching staff.. all have them at least have had 1 good outing and pretty much 1 bad one.. how ironic.
- bonds, at least he's hitting better in the post season.

Just my thoughts...
Hope to hear from you all soon!
PHIL