Friday, October 25, 2002

Dear Diary,

Hi. Long time no write dear friend. Sorry I have not poured out my heart and soul and senseless babble to you in such a long time, but you know how it is....shit happens.

Lots have happened in the time I have been away. But before I get into that, how about a dose of spoken word, as I was much inspired recently by the poetic geniuses of Russell Simmons' Def Poetry Jam (Yay for HBO). Ready?

Mic check. One two, one two.

What we have here is a spot of blog
Since I (used to) write so much, some would say I was a hog
A long time ago, a friend wrote some words
Everyone thought, my, you sound so absurd(s)
So down came that blog because feelings were hurt
But no not mine, as I sat and read in my Donovan shirt
Me take offense to jokes of soccer and Justin of *Nsync?
Hell no, says I, at least they're better than Pink
But others assumed that I was angry or would cry
You're greatly mistaken, I thought and I sigh(ed)
Little did they know twas others' words that caused pain
Anonymous responses to my brief short chain
Of a thought I had in mind one dark gloomy day
"IT'S JUST YOU!" the words yelled at me, as if to say
You're retarded, you're dumb, what are you talking about
The missing name to those responses are what made me shout
But whoever you are, I shall tell you this
I'm over it now, so don't you dismiss
Me out of this spot of blog created for friends
It's all in the past, how easy my heart mends
And back to my old self, these words are legit
Like always I'll smile and say, I won't take your shit. :-)

Well dear diary, it's time for me to go. Maybe I'll write again soon, maybe not. We'll see. Perhaps this dose of blogetry will inspire others to write again and get this thing running like it used to. I sure miss laughing to other people's entries. But like I said, we'll see.

Until we meet again.

Yours Truly,
Tiffany Grace Basilio

P.S. Did you hear, the Galaxy beat the Revolution in the MLS Cup last weekend? Just thought I'd ask. :-)