Saturday, February 08, 2003

Saturday 2.8.03
6:40 PM
Davis

Woo Woo: The first game of the season, first game of my college coaching career, came and went. And yes we won. Score? 16-4, thank you very much. :-) I expected a lot more out of UOP, especially when they scored the first goal just a minute into the game, but my players came back and decided to score four goals for every one of theirs. The game was in Stockton and damn was it cold. Game time was supposed to be 7pm, but because the field wasn't lined properly, we had to wait an extra twenty minutes for UOP to repaint the lines. Next up on the schedule for me to stress about is the Santa Barbara Shootout over President's Day weekend. Anyone interested in being on our Aggie Lacrosse mailing list for updates? Let me know.

And I'm Spent: I've been up since 8:30 this morning, only because there was a U.S. soccer game on at 9am today. Too bad they lost 1-0 to Argentina. I decided to stop watching halfway through the second half because it was an unexciting game. Games that end in 1-0 are the most boring ones to watch, only because just one goal is scored during the entire 90 minutes. Unless there are some crazy shots being taken left and right, my attention goes elsewhere. The only highlight of the game was the new Gatorade commercial shown during halftime with Michael Jordan playing against his Chicago Bulls self. Genius.

Reality TV overdose: Sorority Life 2 is coming out later in February, along with its male counterpart Fraternity Life. I guess the sorority gals of UCD made quite an imprint on the world with their whining about hair, makeup, drinking and macking on friends' boyfriends that a sequel was needed. When's this "reality" madness going to end!

Let's go retro and bring back the "Question of the Week." If you could go on any reality show or dating show (man there are millions of these dating shows too), which would it be? I pick MTV Diary. Oh wait, I'm not famous, forget that. Ok how about flipping the Joe Millionaire script and going for a Joanne (or Tiff) Millionairesse. Give it a few months and you'll see it on FOX, no doubt.

Ok now I'm really spent,
~Taft