Friday, February 21, 2003

Friday 2.21.03
11:19 PM
Davis


It’s 11:19 PM on Friday night and my team beat Chico 13-8 just a few hours ago. So why do I feel like we just lost? Maybe it’s the fact that we played below par the whole 60 minutes. Maybe it’s the fact that after the game, already feeling down, my friend’s know-it-all boyfriend proceeded to drill me into the ground with everything he saw that went wrong on the field, everything he thought I should have done, everything he would have done if he were the coach. Yeah he didn’t help matters at all and I almost threw my food in his face. Looks like I have a new enemy. Oh and I found out my other enemy, Dan the Dick, sprained his wrist last weekend and can’t play lacrosse for a few weeks. Looks like my voodoo doll worked.

Anyone catch Justin Timberlake’s new Making the Video of his newest single “Rock Your Body.” Don’t worry, you didn’t miss much ‘cause it was some boring ass shit. The video itself was basically a mix of Will Smith’s “Getting Jiggy With It (insert the na na na na na na na here)” and Puff Daddy’s “Diddy” video all in one package. What a biter. I give it a C-.

Finally got my computer up and running with some internet connection and rediscovered my love of downloading mp3’s. Looking to expand my oldies R&B collection, anyone have any suggestions. My personal recently downloaded faves include Chicago’s “Hard to Say I’m Sorry,” Billy Vera’s “At This Moment,” and Tony Bennett’s “Way You Look Tonight.” Can you tell I’m going the cheesy love songs route here. Love it.

Here's hoping that I don't make any other new enemies in the coming weeks. And here's wishing that I was at Regan's little shindig getting my drink on rather than sitting here, stuck in Davis.

Cheers,
~Taft