Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Tuesday 11.19.02
6:56 PM
UCD Computer Lab

Does anyone even check this thing anymore? The number of posts has seen a dramatic decrease in the past couple of months. What's up with that? Write people! I want stories, thoughts, feelings, anecdotes, trash-talking...you name it, it belongs here.

Big ups to Phil for being a faithful citizen of the blogworld.

Following in Phil's footsteps, I thought I'd write a little bit about my weekend, since it was a rare entertaining one that surprisingly didn't consist of me sitting on my ass being bored as hell. The fun started on Friday when my good neighbors next door (who happen to be two of my former teammates) hosted their annual "Wine & Cheese" event. This entailed getting all dolled up and getting drunk the high fashion style, with glasses and glasses of fine wine. And yes, Tafty got wayyyy tipsy. Enough said.

Continuing the "let's pretend to party it up like the rich" theme, the following Saturday I went to Sonoma with some friends for my first winery open house. My friend is a member of a wine club and gets invites to open houses for some of the wineries in Sonoma. As we pulled up in the parking lot in a janky 1980-something Jeep, we couldn't help but notice the BMW on our left, the Mercedes on our right, and of course the occassional Porsche here and there. Hmmmm...needless to say we felt a little out of place. But who cares, it was free wine tasting and appetizers all day! The atmosphere in the winery itself felt like a swanky ass barbecue. I believe I overheard a conversation about trips to the Hamptons at least twice. Bouuuuu-gie. We spent the rest of the day walking around downtown Sonoma and then decided to cap the night off with a "Sex and the City" DVD.

The bougie lifestyle ended there, as Sunday was spent doing errands and of course watching the U.S. men's national team play a friendly against El Salvador. It was nice to see some of my favorite MLS players wearing the national team jersey. And apparently the curse of the blue jersey is over, as the U.S. beat El Salvador 2-0. The highlight of the match for me (no, it has nothing to do with Landon Donovan. Calm down) was seeing the Metrostars' Clint Mathis wear the captain's armband. He received a lot of shlack during and after the World Cup by just about everyone, so it was nice to see him come back and show them all that he is indeed, the shit. Go Clint.

And to put a final end to the weekend, I went to see the new Harry Potter flick. All I have to say is that it was better than the first one.

Time for me to catch the bus home. Hope to read some new blogs soon.


~Taft