Monday, November 18, 2002

*Phil posts his weekend blog*

HOLA, just wanted to let everyone know how my weekend was...

Friday - After taking a 3-hour nap, I met up with Michelle to watch a movie.. Originally we wanted to watch Sweet Home Alabama but then there were no more late showings, so we thought maybe we can get lucky and watch Harry Potter... however the only available showing was 12:40 and it's a 3-hour movie.so uh.. passed that one.. so we decided to watch "the ring"... Now if any of you have heard or seen it.. it was one scary movie... Michelle thought I wasn't scared b/c I didn't cover my eyes or anything but the trick is.. to look down.. that way no around you sees that your scared... heheeh... at least that's what I did for most of the movie.. Now as far as plot line... the premise (which you get in the first 5 min) is basically that there is a VHS tape that if you watch it, you see some weird stuff (e.g like a lady looking at you) then after u finish watching it, someone calls you and says "7 days" and basically that means you will die in 7 days.... so I haven't spoiled anything but basically the movie has twists and turns (not too many but just enough to keep you guessing) why in the hell and what is causing all this... I highly recommend this movie.. but don't watch it late night (it's a little eerie if it's too late)

Saturday - Basically I cleaned my entire apt. I hadn't done that in awhile and so I was pretty amazed on how much cleaning (as well as doing laundry ) I could do in 7 hours.... Afterward, I went to a wedding at the SF Marriott... talk about extravangas.. the bride and groom (both of which are Ariel's friends) had 550 guests... and 4 rooms at the hotel ballrooms... The show went by pretty quick and they had a live band... It was very nice.. they even had gift potpourri boxes as "favors" ... yes favors.... did I mention they also had 2 kinds of wedding cake to choose from??? Let's just say my tummy was happy after that...

Sunday - Cleaned more and more... then had sylv, christine, and my sister come over to swap pics of New York (and which all of you will see soon online)... we ate tons.. I swear we had tons of food (not as much as July4th but it was gettin there)... and watch Monsters Inc and the American Idol DVD>.. which reminds me... SYlv and I went and saw the American Idol in concert.. It was awesome! 2 hours of great music, great soul perforamcnes (go tamyra)... I must admit I'm obsessed with that show and can't wait for American Idol 2....

Here are some random thoughts
- Shinjo is gone.. talk about all the apparel that has to markdown and all the people who have shinjo jersies... how sad =( guess they will have some new outfielders..
- ALOUUUUUUU is in town.. I wonder how he'll do as manager of the giants.. I think he's a selection compared to uh Jim Fregosi... (yuck)
- IF you ever go to a concert, never park near the entrace, park near the exit.. you'll save much more time getting out (I got out in 2 min after the concert)....
- Birds of Prey, any of you watch it... if so, did you know it's getting canceled...
- Survivor is down to its final 8, any thoughts on ultimate winners?
- Bachelor - Helene or Brooke, you decide
- CD's I've bought within the last two weeks : Justin's "justified" Christina Aguilera "Stripped", Missy Elliott, TLC "3D", on the verge of buying the "now that's what I call music 11, and maybe Craig David" what have YOU bought

OK hope I hear a response from at least one person... =)
PHIL