Tuesday, November 12, 2002

*Phil yawns as he is about to go to bed*

Bonjour everyone... Anyway hope for those of you who had a long 3 day weekend enjoyed it.. I myself dont' usually get Veteran's day off, but I decided to make it a holiday for me.. I called in sick just cuz I wasn't feeling like going to work... isn't that great... technically my job has unlimited sick days... so technically I could call in sick more often.. I just feel bad doing it... this time, however, I didnt' feel bad.. last week I had flu-like symptoms and my manager knew it and didn't even tell me to go home!! she was like "aww, take some vitamins"... I was like dumb ***** tell me go home!

But anyway as far as my weekend went..
Friday - went to eat with my friend Brianna from berkeley. Though I have come to the realization that I practically had no close friends from college, I am surprised that I still am close to a few of them, Brianna being one of them... If any of you remember, she is the one girl that looks like she's totally white but she's 1/4 filipno... anyway... we had some ghetto chinese restaurant over by the berkeley campus.. good food just ghetto place.. I had a soda and asked for a straw and she said they dont' have any (not they ran out, they actually dont' carry straws) and their water tasted like expired water (not that I know really how that tastes like).... so yeah.. but anywayz the food was pretty good... after which we went to Tower and looked at CD's.. however found nothing that was cheap so we left... (by the way TLC's CD comes out tomorrow!) that was friday..

Saturday - Went home to go to my cousin's cotillion (cotillion meaning 18th coming-out b-day party for filipna women)... anyway... her theme for the evening was peach.. so her whole entourage was wearing peach dresses.. Now peach dresses would look good if everyone was light-skinned but a couple weren't and it looked "yuck"... now I don't even know why her entourage had to wear the dresses considering that they no waltz, cha-cha or any real performance or entrance.. so to me that seemed like a waste of money...

then to make matters worse;... I was supposed to play the piano in the beginning of entire night with this one girl (danielle) she got from her alma mater "mercy sf".. now, the girl who was singing the song i was plyaing "on my own"... had been practicing for weeks and weeks... apparently, my cousin (tracy her name is) felt that the program was running late and decide to "cut" our duet... so Danielle gets all pissy and starts crying and is hella mad... so tracy feels bad and decides to have the performance (mind you that the piano is now in the same room as the actual dinner/program) so all the guests that were asked to go into the banquet room had to go outside to the open lounge area to hear this one performance... anyway.. so Danielle and I perform the song, everyone claps, and she runs off with her dad and bf and leave the entire party.. talk about bitter... but whatever...

Anyway back to the cotillion, my cousin doesn't even bother to do a welcome speech and ends up just having dinner... which actually I ddin't mind b/c by then I'm starving... then after the dinner.. the program begins.. now she has everything from her singing solo (of mary j blige's "a beautiful day" to her dad's singing solo, to hula (which was actually pretty good), to martial arts, to a hip hop performance, to a raflle, and then there is more games,, talk about a long program..

the she has these party games (which I thought I was kinda strange for such a formal party) she had the entourage, the 18 candles (which included my sister and I) to play pass the peach (a.k.a hot potato) .. so we had 3 circles of 6 and the winner of each circle would win a prize... my sister was eliminated early, however I came down to the final two in my circle.. however I ended up losing... and losing what might I add??? 18 dollars!! she was giving money away as the prize!! talk about bougie... then they had musical chairs (which was ntended for the adults, but who in their right mind is going to play musical chairs in a suit/dress) anyway the candles again (or those who volunteered) got to play... so 7 ppl played, they played 1 rnd, and that was it.. 5 ppl won 18 dollars each again!!! ugh... I could have played again... but anywayz...

to make matterz worse the DJ's were horrible.. spintronix (yeah the old-school dj group) dj'd the whole thing and charged $700 for some crappy ass house music (though I love house, this was hideous) and played nothing but awful songs...did I mention that Romeo Gotera was the main dj.. small world..

Ok, I figure this is too much to take for one blog so I'll blog about sunday and monday later.. see y'all soon! hopefully at tiff's... =)
PHIL