Friday, March 21, 2003

Guess who's back?!
After a prolonged hiatus from the world of blog, I have reentered this realm. Much admiration for the SSF connection (P-Diddy and T-Bass) for maintaining and persevering through these tumultuous times. You stuck it out like true soldiers, and for that we are grateful. Mere words cannot express our gratitude. Cameo appearances also provide this site with spark and synergy. But now the president is back, hopefully and willingly to restore order or this board.

Tiff B - good luck w/ LAX (not the airport) and finals
Tiff L - you don't prepare, you just have it (me), or you don't (dan)
Phil D - new nickname for you Ph.D, like you a doctor
Ed - the puppy isn't the chick magnet, its a 6'4" asian with dimples
Dan - its funny u address ppl here as Korean brothers when none of us are Korean

As for me, a few days mark my 4 month return from the other side of town, and its been a pretty smooth transition. Well I didn't expect it to be rough, but yall know what I mean. I've been seeing plenty famous black folks lately...last week Puna, Luna and Reegsta went to the Warriors/Dallas game (more on that later). Then that Saturday a couple of us Tacordas drove to SAC for some JORDAN SHOE tour and we saw MIKE BIBBY, and I got to pat him on his shoulder. Then that Sunday, I got Common and Talib Kweli's autograph at Tower in Stonestown. Then this weekend I'm going to the Warriors/Wizards game, which will feature the most famous black folk ever, MICHAEL JORDAN!! (Not Jackson) Suffice to say, I'm pretty excited about that.

A little story accompanies the reference to that first GSW game. Initially FraNick was coming with us to watch the game and meet us there. So while we're on the bridge, I get a phone call saying that he won't be able to make it anymore. 5 minutes later Puna gets a call from a number he doesn't recognize. He answers. "Oh...hi Ruth." Jeff and I burst out laughing in unison. Flashback to the day before, where J-Lu, Eninen and yours truly were at the driving range (more on that later). We're talking about going to that particular game, and Nick mentions that Ruth is going to the game. He knows where she's sitting and all that, but its just an afterthought after we leave. Fast forward to the ticket counter. We're stuck buying $30 tickets because the $10 tickets had sold out, in a section the OPPOSITE end of where Ruth is sitting. The game had started and we're rushing to get our seats because its midway through the 1st quarter. Going up the escalator (if cadillac makes it, it should be called an Escalader, but anyways) we make a dash towards our section. As fate would have it, we run right into Ruth, who's supposed to be sitting in the opposite side. And then we realize why Nick didn't want to come. It all made sense.

As I mentioned about the driving range, I learned something about Jeff. He puts the Luna in lunatic. But I thought I'd expose him here. I had brought my friend Bertha along. She was pretty quiet and was just standing there. I used her a couple times, but I needed variety. But I kept her close anyways. Jeff was tired of the little kids he was using and asked me about Bertha. I told him she was more like Big Bertha, and I asked if he cuold handle her, because she is much different than the smaller ones he'd been using recently. Bertha is the ultimate object of desire; everyone from hackers to professionals constantly hit it. So Jeff decides enough, I want to try it. Jeff then steps up, and starts caressing Bertha. A few smooth strokes gets her in the mood, and he starts to hit it right away! After a couple minutes of action, Jeff decides he is finished with Bertha. He then violently snaps her neck!!! He flings her head about 50 yards out, all in a heartbeat. He feels bad afterwards and offers his condolenses towards me. But I play it cool, considering there's more like Bertha just waiting to be hit. Suffice to say, she's easily replaceable, since Bertha is pretty cheap now. To be continued.


One love,
Reeg Starr (not like Ryan Starr, but as an ode to Gang Starr)