Thursday, January 27, 2005

here

Subject: Re: Jeff's last entry

2. Please address me from now on by my new name MC Jizz Cock for those who have been out of the loop.
-->Taft's Response: Insert upchuck reflex here. One word: Grossaroo!

3. The movie, Coach Carter, is good but not spectacular. Inspirational feel good story. Patience if you're not into basketball cuz there's a good amount of b-ball action throughout the film. Acting not great cuz a lot of amateurs but Ashanti impressed me...seemed like a natural on screen.
$6 a good price to pay...so that means matinee! (that rhymed)
-->Taft's Response: Ironically, I found the younger guys to be decent actors and Ashanti to suck. Her character annoyed the shit outta me. Also, that guy Worm plays a basketball player on One Tree Hill too.  Just had to add the OTH shout out there.

4. Actually found 2 shows that I must watch which aren't really reality shows. I just love extreme makeover: home edition. guaranteed tear jerkers every week. amazing what they can build in 7 days. Followed by Desperate Housewives. I know I'm late on this but I have really gotten into this show. A myriad of characters but each has a well-developed storyline and these actresses play their characters perfectly. The comedy is quite witty...I find myself laughing or so intrigued after each scene. The writing is superb...it keeps me "desperate" to know what's going to happen next.
-->Taft's Response: Still curious to watch this show, considering so many people I know are tuning in. Anyone have the past episodes taped? I have't watched anything of this series yet, but I already don't like all the comparisons to Sex and the City. Especially the bit about Eva Longoria being the new SJP? I don't think so. Her Golden Globes dress was a total knockoff (style-wise) of a dress SJP wore to some major awards show last year. Just another reason for me to not like Eva (the 1st being of course that she's supposedly dating my JC. Even though she keeps denying it and says she'd rather a) "entertain" herself with her rabbit or b) date guys younger than 25, older than 40. Ok someone really needs to pull me away from all the gossip magazines.

5. I know she's already been claimed by another blogger, but Vanessa Minnilo is just too damn hizzot! Her smile captivates me...when she smiles, she lures me in....I love it! 2 reasons to watch TRL: Her and "Beautiful Soul" song. I love how Vanessa uses her hands when she talks...it's so cute. She has a southern ghetto twang to her voice...sexy. I'm in love. I'm too old for TRL but I still watch.
-->Taft's Response: Been hearing that "Beautiful Soul" song more these days and thank the lord....I still don't like it. Sorry Jeff, not gonna happen. :-)

9. Suggested New Year's Resolution for me made by my classmate: I need to find a girl kinda opposite from me to balance me out. So if you guys are willing to help me out, you can find me a serious, not corny, mean, hates to smile, hates to bowl, likes to read-type of girl.
-->Taft's Response: Then your "dream" girl would also have to hate Duke basketball, KOIT music, and cheesy teen pop, yeah?



Subject: RE: Phil's Reality Roundup

.. "funny how they did shirts/skins for the basketball game.. obviously they picked the tanned/buffed ones for skins..... which was definitely a ++"
Taft's Response: Insert drool response here. That was a sad ass game on the shirts part. Ryan, he's my pick to win.

.... "lame.... pls tell me they won't put it on for awhile. I read somewhere Real World is going to be on till at least 2008... someone pls shoot me and tell me why this has been for so long..."
Taft's Response: Where in the world are they gonna keep filming the Real World?? Heard the next one is in Texas. MTV should change things up and do the next season Surreal Life style and get all the trouble makers to live together in a house. Sadly enough, I probably would watch it. P.S. The Philly season sucks major ass!!!

"Project Runway (Bravo 9pm (rerun at 11pm) on Wednesday)
If none of you have watched it, it was so a must-see show..It's about 12 designers vying for a chnace to start their own clothing line and get mentoring from Banana Republic."
Taft's Response: I am so bummed that I can't watch this show. Damn South City Comcast doesn't give us Bravo! It looks like it would be such an interesting show. I'll have to wait for it on DVD, since every frikkin show's on DVD these days.


Gotta go, the O.C. is calling for me! (insert the theme song to the O.C., "California" by Phantom Planet, here) Good lord I watch a lot of TV. California here we come, right back where we started from.....