Wednesday, January 05, 2005

FYI

Taft - I'm not a fan of Lindsay Lohan, but I am sure a fan of Cady Heron, her character in mean girls. So please do not put her picture on my new blogsite, but feel free to put the picture of my new girlfriend (Christina Milian) on there. Dip it low! Five-Five with caramel complexion.

Speaking of X-Tina Milian, she's gonna be in a new movie with the premise of trying to find the next big star. Some big names in the film but can't remember them from the trailer. Speaking of films (what a segue...pronounced seg-way), I saw 2 (yes, 2) on New year's Day: The Life Aquatic (starring Bill Murray) and Meet the Fockers (starring Teri Polo and some other no-names). I'm a proud to say that I only fell asleep for the first 10 minutes of Life Aquatic. And who can blame me...I just had a Fuddruckers burger.

Now for the critique:
Life Aquatic - odd, strange, dark film but quite hilarious if you're into corny comedy which I'm all about. Bill Murray plays Steve Zissou and follows him on an aquatic adventure for a sea creature that completely devoured his buddy. Bill Murray has great timing and makes for many funny moments. Patience is needed for this film...there are times when this film feels like it's going nowhere but there is ultimately a purpose/story to the film by the end. Surprise of the film = pirates who speak tagalog (or should I quote one of the characters, "They're speaking filipino.") I was tripping out cuz I could understand what they were saying and they were actually being interpreted correctly. Supporting cast - Owen Wilson, Jeff Goldblum, Angelica Huston, Byron Dafoe (or something like that...you'll recognize him)
3.5/5 sailboats

Meet the Fockers - First off, I have never seen Meet the Parents completely...I've only seen bits and pieces. But I decided to still watch this flick. With just a few loose ends and tidbits I found out after the flick that related to Meet the Parents, one is able to watch this film and not worry about not having seen the first one. The cast is all-star and play their roles to a tee. Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand are wonderful as Gaylord/Greg's (or should I say Greglord's) parents. Deniro continues to be the soon-to-be father in law you wish you never had. Makes you wonder how these two families would ever get along in real life. Many LMAO moments...must see. However, sad to see that male nurses get such a bad name :( I'm more than happy to watch it again! (4/5 syringes)

Not much of a critique...needs work...first time ever doing this....but didn't want to give away the films. I just wanted y'all to go out and see these 2 flicks (not too many other good movies out right now).

The "WTF" moment: So I watched these flicks at Bay St. Theaters in E-ville (an AMC place). What happened to all the movie trivia and ads before that start of the film? Now they play commercials for TV shows...I must've seen the commercial for alias like 10 times.

And hope to see you at the movies,
Jefe