Friday, February 18, 2005

Milestone

First off, I've been cool not having a job since July 2003. But there's definitely one thing I hate about not having a job. While most people would say not having money is what they would hate, that's not it. I hate not having health insurance! I couldn't even get a freakin' flu shot and I'm in the hospital quite a bit. So, lo and behold, I'm sick as we speak... and I knew it was coming. I worked with a patient (and granted he was really a cool patient) who had pneumonia and COPD and while assessing him on Tuesday, he was coughing pretty much in my face without covering his mouth. I had to take a step back and let him cough. I knew I would get his virus or bacteria...I just felt it coming. And now, I feel really crappy and my throat is killing me. It doesn't help when you're getting phone calls all day as well and talking (or whispering) up a storm.

Milestone/Momentous Moment of the Week:
Where were you last Saturday (Feb. 12, 2005) at 9:30am? Think hard cuz I'll never forget this moment. I was driving on 880 past Southland Mall in Hayward to go to the Oakland Coliseum to attend the A's fanfest with Nick. At that very instant...it happened! What happened? I look down and I see 99,999 turning to 100,000! Whoa my '92 Honda Accord just reached 100,000 miles! I got that car in the summer '98, and after 6.5 years, it finally reached its milestone. When I got it, it only had 16,000 miles. I just wanted to pull over and give its rightful ceremony, but i needed to go to see the a's, my top priority! I just wished I had a camera phone to take a pic.

Don't sleep on the A's this season...they gonna surprise a lot of people. The A's outfielders are some of the funniest people in the world. They're a comedy show in itself. You just had to go to fanfest to enjoy them. During a Q&A session, Nick (who I have given the new nickname "Swish" to - not for his basketballl skills but for Nick Swisher, the A's rookie who is cocky but quite funny) and I were literally laughing for a staight 1 hour and 15 minutes. I can't wait for the A's season to begin!

Man, I can't believe its NBA All-Star weekend. It just crept up on me.

JizzCock